Sunday, April 25, 2010

family discussion


For the discussion post I talked to my dad about food inc.

-What struck you?
Me: that there are some factories who abuse their animals to make cheap meat while there are some farms who humanely treat their animals even though they don't make as much money.
-Do you agree with this or disagree? Why?
Me: I agree with this because it's less selfish and it's better for us.
Dad: I think it's better for animals but harder to feed people and not practical for the way we consume things.
-How can you apply this to the real world?
Dad: I would prefer humanely killed meat more than cheap meat, but it's hard to know what type of meat you are eating
-What do you think?
Dad: We're not thinking about the animals we're about humans and they need to mass-produce to provide for human demand.

5 comments:

  1. I like when your dad said and I Quote " I would prefer humanely killed meat more than cheap meat, but it's hard to know what type of meat you are eating" I have to agree with your father on this one. We should kill the animals more humanly and we actually should know were the meat comes from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you when you said" I agree with this because it's less selfish and it's better for us." because # 1 there is no nice way to kill a animal but i rather eat a well fed nice treated animal not a animal locked up in a factory that never see's sunlight # 2 it is way better for us to eat because lesser chance of us getting sick & we know we are eating a healthier animal. Good Job Jacko :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also would prefer humanely killed meat as well, good interview. Your dad has some good points.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with what your dad said, people are only thinks about them self's and not the animals.

    ReplyDelete