Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Farmers market visit


For the farmer's market visit i interviewed Farmer steve. He is a famer/vender who also does home deliveries. He first started coming to that farmers market 15 years ago, and also goes to 2 other farmer's markets. He buys most all his food at the farmers market the only thing he buys at grocery stores is bananas. He also said farmer's market aren't doing well because of fast food places and also that grocery stores sell the same stuff as farmers markets so not as many people go to farmers markets as much. Another thing that he mentioned is that he sells for 2 other familys as long as he supplies 50% of the merchandise.
The Farmers market I went to was in poway it was a lot like I expected, but there weren't as many venders as I thought there would be. Apples were a lot less expensive than I thought and there weren't any items that were more expensive than I thought. I think I will probable go to a farmers market more often because there are a lot of great items.

6 comments:

  1. I think its great that you will keep going there. What made me think was that only thing he bought at the grocery store was bananas, because at the one i went to they had bananas. I don't think that the fast food industry would be affecting the farmers markets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jack,
    One thing that struck me was when the farmer talked about how the markets weren't doing well because of the foods grocery stores sell, and also because of fast food resturaunts which are the cheaper, easier way to go sometimes. I liked how detailed the answers were you got out of Farmer Steve. One thing that made me think was how he sold for two other families and that the only thing he didnt buy from farmers markets was bananas. Do they not sell bananas at farmers markets?

    Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked how your thinking about going to the farmers market more often.
    Something that made me think was why does farmer Steve only buy bananas at an actual grocery store and not at a farmers market since he says he goes to other farmers markets also I'm pretty sure there bananas somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked how the farmer talked about the farmers markets not doing so good because of the foods grocery stores sell, and because of fast food places. What stood out to me was that he helped sell other familys products, I didnt know that people did that at farmes markets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked how you kept yours short sweet and to the point but still made it not a script form. What stood out to me was when the farmer talked about why farmer markets aren't doing so well anymore because it showed me how the average farmer might see things which is a refresher.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how you decided that you were going to try and shop at farmers markets more often. Something that i thought was kind of weird was that he didn't buy his bananas from the farmers markets.

    ReplyDelete